Sunday, March 25, 2018

Creatures of Time

Then there is the greatest first - the moment you hold your first published book in your hand. There comes a time when you realize you need to stop talking about dreams and start making them happen. I've made a movie short, acted in plays, had my own art show, and now there is the culmination. It came in part from a promise to my dad, to compile his poetry and share it with the world, because it needs to be shared. I realized there were paintings he and/or I had painted that corresponded well with the poems, and there were poems I'd written myself. It became an anthology of art and verse, of memories growing up on a farm, of Appalachia then and now. I t is beautiful, and I'll treasure it forever, because of what it is, and of the first milestone it marks.



No comments: