Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Word on the Title...

Will-o’-the-wisp

My life is now void of distractions
The will-o’-the-wisp journey is done.
I stake the claim to my blessings
And a new path is hereby begun.

I’ll feign not the old world unjustly.
I’ll trust not the new one undue,
But I’ll work with the gifts of my Savior
To uncover their mixture and hue.

Let us dip our hands in the current,
And be vessels for what may come through,
Let us suffer not fear in abandon,
Rather grant our return in its due.


3 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Beautiful, Kenna.

Kenna said...

Thanks!

A Colorful World said...

It's my precious friend!!!! How lovely--the poem! And what an absolute delight, finding you here quite by accident! I had no idea you had created a blog, but I saw yours listed on Mom's list of friends blogs and I was intrigued by the title! I read the poem and scrolled down to comment on it to the wonderful person who posted it....and found YOU!!!! Welcome!