Monday, August 4, 2008

Dog days...

It's that time of year...the dog days of August. It is so hot everyone seems to be in a suspended state. There is only the thin strain of cricket song outside, and Miss Ada can hardly keep her eyes open. I'm "at the desk and giving tours" again today, and sure enough, we've got to cut that ribbon again. The error was the Sup't giving the wrong date, but such is life at work now. Rhonda comes home today, and I'm thrilled about that. Otherwise, it's the great quiet, and heat, and the white pallid haze of summer that gives it depth. I cannot wait for fall.


2 comments:

A Colorful World said...

Nor can I! Look at Miss Ada flopped out on the floor! Poor kitty! I wish I could jump into that swans picture, with it's glorious fall colors and its undoubtedly brisk air....Oh well, summer will pass as do all things. It has its joys too, like your wonderful blueberries along the trail, and being with your sister....I will get to see one of mine this week as well.

Latane Barton said...

Looks like Miss Ada is getting herself a tan! Oh, for fall. I, too, long for cooler weather.