Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wilmington

I have a definitive kinship with Wilmington. It started during the training trip this time last year, and it has done nothing but grown this go-around. The work is satisfying, the company brilliant, the food insatiably satisfying...and the brooding river sets the scene for all. There are coffee shops and carriages, used book stores and Italian gourmet shops, art galleries and weekly wine tastings. I've never seen a place where you so easily become enmeshed in the scene.

This week has been so needed. My coworkers/friends and I have talked about books, movies, politics, current events, trivia, philosophy, travel, parks, archives...so stimulating and outside my usual scope. I must remember to be larger.

2 comments:

A Colorful World said...

Gorgeous photograph, Kenna, and such wonderful comments about Wilmington and your experience there. I know it has been very enriching for you, and I wish I could share in that. It just sounds so wonderful! I'm so glad you got to go. Here's to us all "Being larger...."

Latane Barton said...

Magical place. Glad you are getting to enjoy it. Sometime when you are there you might drive down to Southport. It's smaller and quite enchanting.